This scene okay. This fucking scene is probably the most important, home-hitting scene for me in any Pixar movie ever. Even Finding Nemo, and that movie has been near and dear to me since I got the VHS.
Because this scene is why Pixar waited until now to release this movie. This is where most of us are at right now in our lives: we’re realizing that trying hard and doing the best we can just isn’t enough sometimes to accomplish our dreams. Passion alone just isn’t enough to beat our circumstances. We’re in a lot of pain and we have so many people telling us “oh, I know how you feel” without really REALLY listening or trying to understand.
In the end Mike is able to realize that just because he can’t be scary doesn’t mean he’s failed, and I think that’s what the developers at Pixar want to pass on to us, in the best way they know how: just because you’re not where you want to be in life doesn’t mean your experiences were worthless. They’re just taking you in a different direction than intended. Sometimes people get ahead in life just because of their family name or because they just have this SOMETHING that you can’t teach. But that doesn’t mean you should quit on yourself, because you have so much to offer that you haven’t even realized yourself.
You’re not just okay. You’re great. And don’t let anybody tell you any differently.
meeting peoples moms for the first time is so intimidating because i cant tell if theyre a strict mom or a laid back mom and as i ride in their car i have to slowly figure out what breed of mom they are
if u are scared or worried or stressed please just remember that even if you mess up super badly, doggies on the street will still tug on their owners when u walk by because they wanna say hello to u so badly
girls, who were bullied most of their life and gain confidence at one point, should be feared most because they dont take anyone’s shit no longer and they will destroy you if you think otherwise
"you should be thankful that your illness is invisible because you don’t look sick or disabled and so people will treat you the same as healthy or able bodied people."
- shut up
- you’re ableist
- i hate you
To me, makeup makes a huge difference. It makes me feel better about myself, it makes me feel good enough and it gives me a hell of a big confidence-boost. So wear your makeup just as you like girls, it’s all about how it makes you feel, not everybody else. Just be your fabulous fantastic self!
First picture; A year into recovery
Second picture; Two years into recovery
It’s been a very long and hard journey, from approximately 25 kg (not pictured above) to my current weight at approximately 60 kg. I’m far from my final destination, but I just want to give you all a heads up that I am well and alive.
If I can do this, so can you!
- Virgin: Give a description of the person you want to lose (or have lost) your virginity to.
- Disney: Which Disney character are you most like?
- Future: Do you think you'd feel better if you know what's going to happen to you later in your life?
- iTunes: Top 10 favorite songs?
- Turn: Who's someone you wish you didn't (have to) say goodbye to?
- Tattoo: What tattoos do you want or have, and what's the story behind them?
- Skirt: If you could learn any dance style, which would it be?
- Cinema: List of movies that have changed your life or your way of thinking.
- Post: If an apocalypse were to happen, what do you think the situation would be?
- Years: Tell us a story from when you were in high (or middle) school.
- Vinyl: Top 3 favorite albums?
- Blog: What's something you've learned from having your blog?